Sunday, March 25, 2012

5 Quotes that describe Huckleberry Finn

"What's the use you learning to do right, when it's troublesome to do right and ain't no trouble to do wrong, and the wages is just the same?" - This shows that Huck thinks about what is morally right.


"If I never learnt nothing else out of pap, I learnt that the best way to get along with his kind of people is to let them have their own way."-This shows that finds his dad to be a bad role model.


"I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she’s going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can’t stand it. I been there before."-This shows that Huck likes to live free rather than be confined to live by civilized societies rules.


"Well, if I ever struck anything like it, I'm a nigger. It was enough to make a body ashamed of the human race."-This quote shows that Huck still feels that blacks are inferior to whites.


"Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings can be awful cruel to one another." -This shows that Huck is emotional and embarassed at how humans treat other humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment